My husband will sigh and roll his eyes when I tell him I have signed up for another 'crazy', 'hippy' online monthly commitment. I only just finished my vow to wear sixitemsorless for one month (which if you're interested in an update: I failed miserably. 6 items became 8 items- 2 extra t-shirts because halfway through the day I realised am always covered in baby food and breastmilk and needed to change more often than I could do laundry).
BUT, when I saw this totally affordable course with lots of new inspiring recipes, a menu plan and nutritional advice, I knew I just had to join in. I have been an on again off again vegan for years. I can make any vegetarian meal into a vegan one, but dairy and eggs have been on the increase in our daily lives since North started solids. At the moment, I think dairy and eggs are an easy addition to our wholesome meals on occasion, but I am looking to cut a lot more of them out and to replace them with plant-based and nutrient dense foods (ie. broccoli, kale or almonds for calcium). My naturopath just recently told me to cut dairy completely out of my diet in order to give my immune system the boost it needs.
This online workshop is being run by one of my favourite bloggers- Heather from Beauty that Moves. Anyone is welcome to join in. It includes (as stated on her blog):
- Access to a private, very alive feeling blog - which will serve as our classroom/mission control.
- Threaded comments within the blog for questions, sharing and community.
- Access to me - your wellness coach and go-to-girl for questions, comments, etc. - private emails answered within 24 hours.
- Twice daily postings on blog (including weekends) - yes, twice!
- First daily post - this will be the heart of it - topical articles, exercises, prompts - the daily lesson so to speak.
- Second daily post - a dose of inspiration to brighten your late afternoon.
- Recipes recipes recipes - you will be abundantly supplied with simple to prepare, whole food vegan recipes.
- Printable handouts and resources that will rock your world.
- Pre-cleanse access to the blog (opening March 1st) with information and tips to help prepare you (and your supportive family) for the amazing month ahead.
- One printable art coloring page at the beginning of the workshop (my artwork, never seen before!).
- One printable full color, inspirational art illustration, as we complete the experience (my artwork, also never seen!).
- And more!
I may have to tweak a few of the recipes in order to keep them more seasonal, as she is writing from North America, but I'll see how I go. I cannot wait to get started, to be inspired and perhaps not to have to think quite as hard about what we're going to have for dinner! Please see Heather's post all about the workshop here and join us if you feel so inclined.