today being my 29th birthday i thought i'd share 29 things about myself
1. i got this idea from one of the beautiful blogs i subscribe to- apples with honey
2. i avoid as much as i can: putting doona covers on doonas; swimming in the ocean; eggs because they make me think of raw ovaries and generally revolt me; nightclubs, the people who frequent nightclubs and refined carbohydrates
3. when i eat refined carbohydrates (especially white bread) i become irrationally emotional
4. i feel most at home and at peace beside a lake
5. i am so grateful for this life and how blessed and lucky i have always been and will always be... but don't think i come even close to grateful enough for it all
6. i have on many occasions had a 6th sense and had spirtual premonitions that have convinced total non-believers of another realm
7. i feel guilty everyday for any amount of dairy i consume and would like to find the will (and miracle substitute ingredient) to remove it finally and completely from my diet (tips?)
8. if i could do it all again, i would have taken biology
9. i am a do-er, but my husband will tell you i am not detail-oriented... i beg to differ!
10. i always put 1 tsp of extra yeast in bread recipes and 1 tsp extra of baking powder in baking recipes to be sure things come out well-risen
11. i am not a morning person. i need everyone to be out of my room, if only for 1 minute, so that i can step out of bed in peace and with some space
12. i am terrified of heights, sharks, bears and plane crashes
13. i can't bring myself to join any more social networks- facebook, twitter, pinterest and a blog- isn't this enough?!
14. i definitely prefer the australian winter to the australian summer, that said, i defintiely prefer the canadian summer to the canadian winter
15. a palm-reader once told me i am an 'old soul' because i have frighteningly wrinkly hands
16. i am a certified hatha yoga teacher and children's yoga teacher
17. in university i majored in international development, and double minored in philosophy and world religions
18 .yoga is the closest i have come to joining an organised religion
19. i believe we choose our lives, our friends and our family before we come into this world inorder to learn what we need to
20. my children are tv-free, but i watch some shows on occasion. favourites include glee, seinfeld, modern family and river cottage.
21. look up the qualities of a cancerian and you will know me through and through
22. the farm sanctuary video is what converted me to vegetarianism in a serious way (i dabbled before that) and i haven't' looked back
23. i am a homebody who is social: come to my place any time for tea and baked goods!
24. i lived in south korea for 6 months and taught english, ate kimchi and drank far too much soju
25. i have been paid to shush- in the hallways of a musical theatre school there are hall moniters who are paid to keep the school hallways quiet (there is a whole lot of tapping and singing going on), we were called 'shushers'
26. i went to said musical theatre school in new york city for a year and half to study singing, dancing and acting, turns out, i am still a talented singer but no amount of training could help me tell my left foot from my right or teach my brain to send any sense of rhythm to my feet at all
27. my favourite flower is the peony
28. my 11th grade law teacher told my parents i was too much of an idealist. i still am. i believe in the possibility a peaceful world. i do
29. i believe more than anything that we are always doing the best we can, given the circumstances, but at the same time we should always challenge ourselves to make changes, live outside the box, question ourselves and take responsibility for our actions and the ripple effect they create